This doctor was the worst, he basically said I was imagining my pain because there was nothing wrong with my x-ray. He had me do some "flexibility" tests; moving side to side and forward and back. In conclusion he gave me a muscle relaxant and inflammatory medicine and sent me on my way. I was really upset and I almost broke down into tears because it was becoming difficult to get an answer to why I am in pain.
An MRI would really tell me if there was anything wrong or not but my primary doctor couldn't put in a request for it to my insurance, only an orthopedic and he already dismissed me. So I paid for it out of pocket with no insurance (the place I went gave a good price since I was paying with no insurance). I got an MRI of my cervical and lumbar parts of my spine and the results went to my primary doctor.
About a week later I was off to the beach and I get a call with my results, they said I needed to see a neurosurgeon because I had a herniated disc. I panicked because I didn't know what this meant; Did I need surgery? Can anything even be done? Will I be in pain for the rest of my life? My boyfriend calmed me down and said that we will see what the neurosurgeon has to say. I was at least glad that there was something wrong and it could have a possible solution.
![]() |
| My lumbar spine MRI showing herniated disc |
I went to see the neurosurgeon and this guy really knew what he was talking about. He told me that my herniated disc doesn't need to be operated on because it isn't touching any nerves and that it can be solved with some physical therapy and strengthening my back and core.
Finally getting an answer and a solution made me very happy because it meant that I wasn't crazy and my constant pain had a reason.

No comments:
Post a Comment